Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Rasberry Cake



When I was little I never cooked I only baked. I remember making quadruple batches of chocolate chip cookies, and I may have even once doubled that to send to my brother at college (he later told me that most of those ended up in a cookie fight--why didn't I learn the more isn't always better lesson then?). I still bake from time to time, but mostly lately I have been cooking. So last week I decided to return to baking with an attempt at the Yogurt Cake recipe with almonds and rasberries published on Chocolate & Zucchini (one of my favorite cooking blogs).

So yummy and so simple. The idea of yogurt cake is that it is made with two 4 oz tubs of yogurt (the standard size in France), and one of the tubs is used to measure all the other ingredients. Well in New York it is much easier to find the 8 oz size, so I was forced to use my pyrex with the ounces on the side to approximate things like half a tub (I hope as I cook more I will learn to eyeball).

I ended up with a really nice cake . . . and I am excited to make it again this weekend with blueberries and homemade lemon curd as a filling. So yay for baking? Indeed yay for baking, I also finally used my mortar and pestle (which I have had for 1.5 years) to crush the almonds. All so exciting. All so exciting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home