Sunday, June 04, 2006

Absorbtion Pasta Thank You Clotilde (chocolate & zuchini)

I am sure I mispelled the name of her blog, but I just started reading her thanks to my friend Megan, and I had been reading about absorbtion pasta forever but finally clotilde published a recipe for cooking this rissotto style pasta. So tonight I decided to try it out.

Last weekend, at Ross and Natalie's BBQ (which turned into an engagement party . . . yay Ross and Natalie!!!!) I talked to the boyfriend of one of their co-workers who is also a big food guy, and he told me about this pasta at Whole Foods that comes in a brown bag, and is way to expensive, but is way better than the other brands so I figured the absorbtion method deserved a good pasta.

So I heated the olive oil. Dropped in the garlic. Stirred in a cup and a half of the super special pasta. Then I just covered it in simmering chicken stock (as directed by clotilde), and sauteed chanterelle, morelle, and shallot in butter, while I was cooking the pasta covered and stirring from time to time. After about ten minutes the pasta was done, so I mixed in the shroom shallot mix and then put it in a bowl and grated fresh parmesean over the pasta. The sauce thickened and coated the pasta. I let it rest. Then I ate it with the remainder of the bottle of 2003 ICARIO montepulciano that I started earlier in the evening.

It was all delicious. There is something about a warm rich bowl of pasta that makes everything feel a little bit better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home